STARstrap™ - Polyester Strapping / Plastic Strapping
JUMP TO SEARCH PAGE
The new high performance Polyester Strapping (PET Strapping)
Polyester strapping (PET Strapping) is characterised by a very consistent tensile strength and a very high elongation. Characteristics that are most decisive for a safe strapping method. Unlike strapping made from steel, Polyester strapping (PET Strapping) has a high elongation and absorb shocksand impacts during transportation and handling far better than steel strapping. The excellent elongation features allow the substitution of steel strapping for the same application with Polyester strapping (PET Strapping) having a lower breaking strength.
The modern Polyester strapping (PET Strapping) system offers many advantages
STARstrap™ Polyester strapping (PET Strapping) offers excellent mechanical features such as high breaking strength, outstanding elongation and perfect tension retaining capabilities.
These characteristics result in:
* no damage or contamination of packaged goods (corrosion-resistant)
* high shock absorption in case of impacts during transportation
* less pressure on edge of the package
* perfect and individual secured packages
* PET strap tension remains high in cases where package may shrink during storage or transportation
* substitution of steel strapping by STARstrap™ Polyester strapping (Plastic Strapping) allows the use of a strap with less breaking strength
* reduction of material costs
* less injury risks in case of strapping breakages
* easy and clean handling compared to steel strapping
Steel / PET Strapping - strength-elongation curve
STARstrap™ - Polyester strapping performance
Depending on the security requirement during transport there are three product groups:
* STARstrap™ - This product group is obtainable in widths between 9 and 19 mm. It can be used for strapping paper, cardboard, cans, timber packs, brick & block packages.
* STARstrap™-plus - is distinguished by its high joint quality and edge stability. This type of strap is thus particularly suited to meet the exacting standards involved in securing products during transportation.
In many cases this strap is used for the strapping of:
* Sharp-edged and heavy packages in the metalworking and construction materials industry
* Highly compressed textile bales
* Heavy bundles in the woodworking industry
STARstrap™-plus is obtainable in widths ranging from 15 to 32 mm. It is increasingly used for converting of steel strap.
STARstrap™-ULTRA is obtainable in widths ranging from 19 x 1.27 to 32 x 1.20 mm It is increasingly used for converting of steel strap in heavy duty unitising and bundling applications.
STARstrap™-plus - the new generation - often requires no edge protection
FROMM Featured Product
Fromm Packaging Systems
Please feel free to contact us with your enquiries on stretch wrapping, strapping
and packaging requirements.
11 Wakefield Road Foundersview South, Modderfontein, Johannesburg 1609
Click to send Email